If you read What Colon Cleansing Is then you are already interested in How To Cleanse Your Body and you have a good idea of what you'll need to do your own colon cleanse. Below is the recipe for the colon cleansing drink and the protocol that I follow and recommend to my clients when doing a colon cleanse.
Ingredients You Will Need for your Colon Cleanse:
- organic psyllium husks
- organic bentonite (liquid form)
- organic ginger powder (from spice aisle)
- organic unfiltered (cloudy) apple juice
- sea salt
- filtered or spring water
- a pint size (16-ounce) glass jar with a lid
All of the ingredients needed for your colon cleanse can be purchased at your local health food store.
Colon Cleanse Drink Recipe
When doing a colon cleanse, this recipe is taken 5 to 6 times per day. By fasting and only taking this drink and additional water if thirsty, mucoid plaque is eventually eliminated from the colon.
1. In a pint size jar, add the following:
- 3/4 cup (6 liquid ounces) of organic unfiltered apple juice
- 3/4 cup (6 liquid ounces) of filtered or spring water (hot, warm or room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon of organic ginger powder
- 1 Tablespoon of liquid Bentonite
- 1 Tablespoon of organic psyllium husks
3. The mixture is drunk within the next 3 minutes. If the time is longer, it will get very thick and be difficult to drink.
4. The jar is refilled with more filtered or spring water. Putting the lid on and shaking it removes any psyllium that is stuck to the sides. The additional water is drunk in order to have enough moisture in the psyllium to help it move through the body.
The Salt Water Flush
After the cleanse has started, it is helpful to use a gentle natural laxative to move the fiber mixture out of the body. It is this fiber mixture bonding to the mucoid plaque in the intestines and colon that create the cleansing effect when it is released from the body. I used a salt water flush to accomplish this but some people prefer senna tea or laxative capsules. It is helpful to start with a low amount of salt and then increase the amount of salt slowly to avoid having to use the bathroom too much. The laxative can be taken at night so that it hopefully works by morning but there is the chance of being up all night going to the bathroom if too much is taken. It is also best to drink the salt water flush at least an hour before having the first Colon Cleanse Drink so that the salt water is not simply absorbed by the psyllium & bentonite mixture.
Salt Water Flush Drink Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon or more of natural sea salt (no more than 1/2 Tablespoon)
- 8 ounces of warm water
The Colon Cleanse Schedule
The Colon Cleanse Drink is taken every three hours while awake from waking to bedtime. If a person misses the three hour time, hunger can build and it can be difficult to stick to the cleanse without eating. If hunger is experienced before three hours passes, it is fine to have another cleanse drink only two hours after the previous one.
Sample Colon Cleanse Schedule
6:30am: Salt Water Flush Drink
7:30am: Colon Cleanse Drink + 16 oz water
9:30am: Colon Cleanse Drink + 16 oz water
12:00noon: Colon Cleanse Drink + 16 oz water
3:00pm: Colon Cleanse Drink + 16 oz water
5:30pm: Colon Cleanse Drink + 16 oz water
8:30pm: Colon Cleanse Drink + 16 oz water
For more information on how to have a successful colon cleanse, the Frequently Asked Questions about Colon Cleansing page is helpful. For more information on How To Cleanse Your Body, check out my other articles.